Custom Firmware for lasertag equipment now available
Lasergame Berlin and Maxima System developed a new firmware for all Lasertag Systems built by Hi-Tech or Adventure Sports HQ – or using the Miles Core System. After quite some testing and bugfixing we are now happy to release the final version of our custom firmware.
If you are interested in testing or buying the firmware for your Lasertag-equipment please feel free to contact us. Also if there are questions we are going to support you with answers as good as we can.
Thanks for reading through this introduction.
What features will the new Lasertag firmware offer?
The new firmware solves some of the problems the original firmware comes with and adds a lot of new features and functions to your taggers that will not only improve gameplay but also the performance and safety.
These are some of the highlights the new firmware offers:
- Respawn funktions: Players will not be able to use respawn points when in Game over mode any longer. Usage of respawn points can be limited now. Respawn points can now have a safety time set up to get away from them. Respawns can be set to unlimited and some other values – up to 30.
- Respawn fairness: Normally a players lights turn off 5 seconds before respawning which normally causes confusion – is the player alive or not? Now players will blink 5 seconds before respawning.
- Start-Options: Players can be started synced by the admin now – no more pressing of the trigger needed. Rapid cloning and starting of a game with some new admin functions and up to 7 preset settings.
- Programmable and stored settings: Store up to seven different settings in the taggers and access them easily with the admin gun or boot-menu. Use them to store game settings or different weapon types. The different settings can be assigned to a gun within seconds from the admin gun.
- Weapon change: Use the seven different gun-settings to carry different guns with you and change them during the game. Set the change to a simple press of a button or make the players go to weapon pickups and get their new gun there.
- Scoring improved: The transfer of the scoring is extremely fast now – less than a second normally. Players can pass their stats amoung each other after the game and see the result on their screens. New scoring based on damage, kills, flags and precision is now available and can be set as you like. Scoring software follows soon.
- More options to choose from: We added regenerating shields, shield boxes, decreasing shields, temporary shields and so on. Also new: Players can be set to bleed when hit – so they will need a medic to heal their wounds – otherwise they will dies from bleeding.
- Hit-Delay: You can set up the way the hit delay works – from shooting, to being hit. Turn it on or off. Sounds, lights and more to choose from.
- Capture the flag: Flags now will be counted correctly. Players can be set to continue playing when delivering the flag. Flags can be passed now when set so. Long or short distance passing is available – this can be used for new games such as Laserball.
- Zombie-Mode: Now Zombies can be set up individually. Also you can choose who is going to blink – the humans or the zombies. Make the humans more visible and hide the zombies in the dark if you like.
- Dark-Game-Mode: turn off the lights and play in the dark. In order to see the players you can reverse the light-settings. Make the players light up when alive and turn dark when dead.
- More control: The time gets measured a lot better now – so games that have been started at the same time will also end like this. Also the taggers keep track on how long they have been in use: Keep control of games played and your staff.
Further functions can be implemented – simply ask for functions you would like to have.
Compatible with Hi-Tech, Miles Core and Adventure Sports HQ
All functions can be used in taggers built by Hi-Tech, Adventure Sports HQ or DIY guns using the Miles Core boards. When ordering please tell us which type of equipment you want to update. Also the firmware offers a compatible mode for all systems – so you can use it with taggers that do not have the update flawlessly. Simply boot the new firmware in the standard mode you are using on the other taggers and you are ready to go – also working to use taggers of different brands in the same game or event.
We are looking forward to take your order for the new firmware – please use the contact form. Thanks a lot and hope to hear from you soon - Lasergame Berlin